The Gamer's Guide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gamer's Guide

This is where you out anything you want about games

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gifted Clan! ^-^

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RPSfunkey

RPSfunkey

Scorpio Buffalo

Gifted Clan! ^-^ Empty
PostSubject: Gifted Clan! ^-^   Gifted Clan! ^-^ I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 am

(Before anything else, yes, this is the official Gifted Clan . . . I'll get into why I chose this instead of putting it in Off Topic in a bit)

Yeah, I thought i'd advertise this series here.
It's cool, but has like NO publicity at all . . .

The series is about 9 teenagers who each have a supernatural ability.
They each attend a special class, Room 209, lead by the mysterious Madame, where they are taught how to manage their gifts.
Throughout the series, people take advantage of the children and use them for their own gain.
In Book 3, after the bank robbing is stopped by Ken, it is revealed by Jenna, who read the mind of Clare, who was the lead criminal, that this was all just a test to se what they could do.
That is when they figure out that there is something bigger out there, something bigger than they could all imagine.
It is written by Marilyn Kaye.
You may have to order the books into your library, since I could only find Book 1, and had to order the others.

There are supposedly going to be 9 Books, as each book is focused on one of the children.

BOOKS SO FAR:

-Out of Sight, Out of Mind:
-Main Character: Amanda Beeson.
-Plot: Amanda Beeson is the Queen of Mean at Meadowbrooks Middle School. She ridicules everyone, even her friends, but she has her reasons. If she feels sorry for a person, she is transported into their body. So she's lived her life as a very mean girl. But when she spies little old Tracey Devon, the most pathetic individual to ever exist, she can't help but feel sorry, so it's not a big shock when she wakes up the next day in a body that's not hers.

-Better Late Than Never:
-Main Character: Jenna Kelley.
-Plot: Jenna Kelley has had a rough life. Her mother is an alcoholic who's just been placed in Rehab, her father's been missing since she was born, and she can read minds. But things brighten up in her life when her father returns. Will her friends be able to warn her before it's too late, or will she be swept up in the life of a man who's lying about everything?

-Here Today, Gone Tomorrow:
-Main Character: Emily Sanders.
-Plot: Emily Sanders is best known as the Space Cadet. Her heads eternally in the clouds and she daydreams constantly. But the things she dreams about aren't make-believe at all, they will happen at some time, at some place in the future. She finds it hard being able to see into the future. Her visions are blurry at best and they often never happen. But when her gifted classmates start to go missing, she's going to be the only one who can save the day.

-Finders Keepers:
-Main Character: Ken Preston.
-Plot: Dead people don't make great companions – something cute, athletic Ken finds out the hard way when, following an accident on the football field, he starts hearing ghostly voices. It's not the kind of gift he would have asked for, but there's nothing he can do about it, until an anonymous note invites him to a séance. Completely convinced by the medium he meets, Ken tries to tell her about his secret. Only his gifted classmates can save him from revealing the truth – and finding himself in terrible danger . . .

-Now You See Me:
-Main Character; Tracey Devon.
-Plot: The gifted class is suspicious that there's a spy amongst them, and the blame instantly falls upon Amanda Beeson, Queen of Mean. So, Jenna Kelley and Tracey Devon combine their minds and gifts to figure out what's going on. But when Jenna is taken away for a crime she never committed, Tracey is all on her own. When she tries to find out what's going on by herself, she'll find a lot more than she bargained for.

-See No Evil:
-Main Character: Carter Street.
-Plot: Unknown at this stage.

CHARACTERS:

-Amanda Beeson
-Jenna Kelley
-Tracey Devon
-Emily Sanders
-Ken Preston
-Martin Cooper
-Charles Temple
-Sarah Miller
-Carter Street.

I plan to make a Gifted fan-fic either here or on the TSE, which will be fan-made, and follow the basic plot of Gifted, but with different characters.
I can accept requests, but PLEASE think about your character well before putting one forward, or it will NOT be accepted, and I can't blame you.
Here's what I have so far:

PLOT:

At *Insert School Name here*, there is a special class that is the base of quite a few rumours. The class is Room 13, which only holds 9 students and the teacher, and every single student is just a little bit weird. In actuality, the class is run by *Insert teacher name here*, who was sent from Forestside to go to one of the only places of the world where so many gifted kids go to the same school, since if they were all chosen to go to Forestside, it would definitely cause some disruption. So, that's the setting. There, are characters are taught how to manage their gifts, how to use them as best they can and how to protect themselves from the people that will try and use them for their own gain.

CHARACTERS:

(Subject to change):

Name: James Stewart.
Gift: Gift Nullification. He can shut off all gifts around him, though rarely does.
History: James has lived a very sheltered life. Since he has vision problems, his mother coddles him like a baby, and he often gets annoyed at that. He knew something was a bit different with him since he was only a few years old. He had gone to a medium with his mother so his future could be seen, but he had gotten scared by the creepy looking woman and used his gift, and she couldn't see his future. He often forgets he even has a gift, since it's not constantly burdening him. He can often be found in the local mall hanging out with Marisa Wilson, his best friend.
Appearance: Dark brown hair. Hazel eyes. Olive skin tone. Average clothes.
Extra Info: He doesn't believe that his gift can be exploited by criminals in any way.

Name: Marisa Wilson.
Gift: Second sight. She can see things fro the Spirit World, such as ghosts and demons. She's very scared about it.
History: Marisa has always been a very pretty and spoiled girl. She's not the most popular girl at school, but her good looks and charm have gotten her into that tier. Her gift developed when she saw her sister die in a car accident when she was 7. She has seen ghosts, and on occasion demons, ever since. Her gift scares her, but she's grown to be very strong, and shoves her gift aside (Once again, I think this is a good History).
Appearance: Flowing blonde hair tied into a large ponytail. Light blue eyes. Light skin. Trendy clothes that are usually always in season.
Extra Info: She has a very elite group of girlfriends, and she finds it hard to sustain her friendship with James Stewart, whose been her neighbour and closest friend since they were 4.

Name: Andrew Peterson.
Gift: Resurrection. He can bring anything back to life as long as it's only less than 30 minutes after they died and they are still in one piece.
History: Andrew's life has been filled with death, but he's been very happy, since every time a member of his family had died, he was able to bring them back. It started with Snowflake, his cat. She got hit by a car, and when she lived after Andrew used his gift without knowing, they thought it was a miracle. He slowly grew to understand that he was able to bring people back from the dead. He's accepted it in and tries to use it for good, but he doesn't like revealing his gift.
Appearance: Fair white hair. Green eyes. Olive skin. Average clothes. Often dresses in bright colours.
Extra Info: As much as he likes his classmates and tries to be the rolemodel, since he's the oldest, he get's into a lot of conflict with Marisa Wilson, as she often tries to convince him that when someone dies they shouldn't be brought back.

Name: Serena Nightingale.
Gift: Weather-creation. She can create different forms of weather depending on her mood.
History: Serena has alway had her head in the clouds, often literally. When her emotions get too strong, weather occurs around her, causing disaster. She only recently learnt that this was a gift, not just freak coincidence, and she's still confused about it. Luckily her gift doesn't work indoors, so no wet beds from rainclouds, but when outside the clouds come, and they come in swarms, sometimes. She gets sadder and sadder the more the clouds come, and the sadder she gets, the more clouds come. So, she became depressed, and always wears an umbrella protectively over her head, even indoors.
Appearance: Long black hair, usually either windswept, frizzy or dripping wet. Dreary dark blue eyes. Pale skin. Often running nose. All-purpose raincoat. Gumboots.
Extra Info: Serena has Chronic Depression caused by the rainclouds that constantly float around her. She is rarely seen outside, and whens she is, she's always running for cover. Luckily her mother believes her, and she helps her.

Name: Jimmy Fisher.
Gift: Healing. He can heal his own injuries, and injuries of others.
History: Jimmy FIsher has bad eyesight, and is allergic to cotton, so his whole life has been spent wearing huge glasses and dorky clothes. He was subject to extreme bullying for several years, and his mother eventually pulled him out from AdamHaven Middle School (the school), but he was called back when it was found out that after those years of torture he learnt how to mend his wounds. He was taken back to school and is currently under the protection of the Bullying Protection Program at the school. He enjoys the protection, but is annoyed at it as well.
Appearance: Short scruffy sand blond hair. Freckled pale skin. Dark brown eyes. Huge glasses nearly broken. Very dorky outfit.
Extra Info: Jimmy has developed an extremely cocky attitude after he was placed into the BPP Program, since he doesn't have to worry about bullies anymore. He doesn't quite care about anything but himself and his family anymore.

Name: Rick Sheldon.
Gift: Magnetism. He can draw him most objects made out of any form of metal.
History; Rick has always been rebellious and angsty to those around him. It all started when he first developed his gift of magnetism. He accidentally hit his head with a pan and got slight brain injuries. He hasn't been very nice since. He's very fluent in using his gift, but he never uses it that much, since people would think he;s a freak and send him away.
Appearance: Short styled black hair. Green eyes. Tan skin. Stereotypical goth outfit, though everything that looks like metal is really just rubber.
Extra Info: He often gets into fights with James, who he despises, mostly since whenever he tries to fling something at him with magnetism, it ismply stops in mid-air and falls down, but it's probably since he's friends with Marisa Wilson, of whom he has a crush on.

Name: Boston Russell
Age: 14 (Sorry, UBF, I have to put down the age since the school is a middle-school ^-^)
Background: He was given up for adoption after he was taken away by a social worker from his negligent parents when he was several weeks old. The other kids at the orphanage often abused him because he was several years younger than the average child. He's spent five years in juvy, for assault and robbery.
Personality: Rough, tough, manipulative, quick to anger, and quick to blindside.
Appearance: A combination of Russell Hantz and Boston Rob Mariano from Survivor: Marqueses and Survivor: Samoa. Pictures are here...
Russell Hantz: http://wwwimage.cbs.com/cms/files/images/primetime/survivor/20/bios/cast_thumb120_russell20.jpg
Boston Rob Mariano: http://wwwimage.cbs.com/cms/files/images/primetime/survivor/20/bios/cast_thumb120_rob20.jpg
Power: He can generate and launch oil at will.

Name: Casey Renalds.
Gift: She can see pathways to different dimensions, including the Afterworld.
History: Casey Renalds's history is unknown by most, and by those who know, it's fuzzy and vague. Her parents said that she was a sweet and ditzy girl when she was young . . . but then they stopped. They refused to speak after that. That was at a top-secret interview when Casey was taken into Room 13. Her father was shortly after that killed, her mother hospitalized but entirely stable.
Appearance: Long brown hair that naturally is beautiful. She doesn't bother with make-up or fancy dress, and was inevitably pushed out of the Popular Clique, which she was formerly a member of, before the accident that left her with her gift.
Extra Info: Casey has an extreme case of Amnesia. Anything past her early-mid childhood is darkness to her. She still remember her old friends in the Popular Clique, and she often tries to get into their tight circle of friends, but are shunned. Marisa Wilson has a strange sense of affection for Casey though, and has tried to get her in, to no avail.

Name: Zoe Weirliules
Gift: She Mimics other feelings, if one person show an emotian around her,she shall follow suit.
History: She was abused by her father at an early age for crying so much,she had to copy her baby sisters crysing due to her 'Gift',her Mother died in a train acidient when she was 2. She was abondened at the age of 11,luckily she was discovered and taken to AdamHaven Middle School and placed in Room 13, where she became the first student to attend that class.
Appearance: Long brown hair that naturally is beautiful. She wears all white and is very pretty even though she never uses make-up. She is considered an Outcast,but many have tried to date her.

Send me the average skeleton of a character (Name, Age, Gift, Background, Personality, Appearance, Extra Info) and i'll see if it's good.
I only have one character spot left, so . . . yeah . . .

So basically, here we can discuss the series in general, as well as the fan-fic . . . and mehbeh a RPG if I make it . . . i want to make a fan-fic first, to basically explain how it works, in a way.
I'll soon be moving the character bio's to the Gifted fansite when I make the fan-fic, but i'll keep these copies here.

Last edited by RPSfunkey on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:09 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.forestsideclub.webs.com
UBFunkaneer

UBFunkaneer

Leo Tiger
Location : Sunset Valley, Oklahoma OR Riverview, North Dakota OR Twinbrook, Missouri OR Barnacle Bay, Florida OR Bridgeport, New York

Gifted Clan! ^-^ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gifted Clan! ^-^   Gifted Clan! ^-^ I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Name: Boston Russell
Background: He was given up for adoption after he was taken away by a social worker from his negligent parents when he was several weeks old. The other kids at the orphanage often abused him because he was several years younger than the average child. He's spent five years in juvy, for assault and robbery.
Personality: Rough, tough, manipulative, quick to anger, and quick to blindside.
Appearance: A combination of Russell Hantz and Boston Rob Mariano from Survivor: Marqueses and Survivor: Samoa. Pictures are here...
Russell Hantz: http://wwwimage.cbs.com/cms/files/images/primetime/survivor/20/bios/cast_thumb120_russell20.jpg
Boston Rob Mariano: http://wwwimage.cbs.com/cms/files/images/primetime/survivor/20/bios/cast_thumb120_rob20.jpg
Power: He can generate and launch oil at will.
Back to top Go down
RPSfunkey

RPSfunkey

Scorpio Buffalo

Gifted Clan! ^-^ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gifted Clan! ^-^   Gifted Clan! ^-^ I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:00 pm

Hmm, very cool character.
Pretty interesting gift, as well.
Does your character enjoy using it?
Because, there of course will be at least one person who uses their gift frequently, and others who either fear it, push it away or hate it ^-^
Back to top Go down
RPSfunkey

RPSfunkey

Scorpio Buffalo

Gifted Clan! ^-^ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gifted Clan! ^-^   Gifted Clan! ^-^ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Updated with 7/9 characters! ^-^
Enjoy!
Me and LuckE will be making the last two characters ourselves, since no-one else wants to.
So far what i've got for my final character is a girl who's very dreamy (as in day-dreams constantly) and doesn't really stand out.
I don't want to go too Emily Sanders, so I won't go with Premonitions as a gift.
Back to top Go down
RPSfunkey

RPSfunkey

Scorpio Buffalo

Gifted Clan! ^-^ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gifted Clan! ^-^   Gifted Clan! ^-^ I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Updated with all 9 characters!
I will now get to work on my Gifted fansite with making the fan-fic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gifted Clan! ^-^ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gifted Clan! ^-^   Gifted Clan! ^-^ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gifted Clan! ^-^
Page 1 of 1